Thursday, March 20, 2008

Salvations @ Petchabun Village

"But whatever was to my profit I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ" - Philippians 3:7-8

It is Day 3 of the mission trip. The team is safe and getting used to the climate and food. We thank God and the supporters' prayers for our safety, well-being, and the SALVATIONS of 9 souls (including 7 little children) in the village during our home visits!

As my team went to different homes to give out packets of "kway teow", we were able to pray for the people and ministered to their felt, despite the language barrier. Many of the people here may have heard of the name "Jesus", but do not know who He is. There were those who saw the sick being prayed for, and requested for us to pray for them as well in their areas of felt needs. There were believers who said they are struggling with their disappointment in God because they think nobody cares... but we were there to show them how much God loves them that He sent us!

We spent the night before today praying for the people here and asking God for this land. We do not want this to be a "mission tour"... 6000 souls are now in the refugee camp in need of the Lord and He loves each one of them. We do not know what we can bless them but we know that God is leading us in every step.

We sang this song in the morning before we set out to minister to the villagers:
"Be it in a quiet pasture, or by a gentle stream;
The shepherd of my soul is by my side.
Should I face a mighty mountain or a valley dark and deep,
The shepherd of my soul will be my guide ."

So many more things to share, but I have so little time with the computer. Need to rush off now... as we look back, the day has been thanksgivings aplenty. Our Shepherd is faithful :)

Thank you for every prayer that you have prayed for us. You are making a difference in Thailand!

THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
Jacob Ng

No comments: