Thursday, March 27, 2008

Final Day at the Refugee Camp......

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
- Jeremiah 29:11-14

Lord, I claim the above verses for your people who are inside the refugee camp. They are crying out to You, and I know You have heard them.

It was our last day of ministry work at Phetchabun, and we were at the refugee camp again. I did what I promised myself earlier – to hold back my tears until I completed the tasks of ministering to the people. Well, not completely… but at least I was not acting like a depression maniac who talk and cry at the same time! I finished my task of serving the people, and saved the crying for lunch time. Heh :) There must be at least a thousand hmongs who were blessed today by the milo and biscuits… and most importantly the gospel of God’s love. Pictures and full reports to follow!

Thank God for sustaining the team through a long and difficult day under the hot sun. Thank God that I survived – I popped in 4 tablets of panadol since last night to contain the feverish sensation and slept less than 4 hours. The fatigue accumulated from the past days had caught up on me, and I was pushing myself through the day. It felt like I had reached my max, and was walking on water. I know very clearly it was the Lord who carried me through (your prayers too!).

I thank God for the growth that took place in the students during the trip. It was more than an answered prayer. I was not expecting to see SO much, but God is full of surprises. I know all of us will not be able to look at the life in the same way as before anymore. Seeing how God transforms lives is the most amazing and rewarding thing that can happen. The transformation took place in my own heart as well. Thank you Jesus.

We will be leaving this village tomorrow and will be back in Singapore before midnight. The children in this village are around me now as I am typing at the computer. We received so many presents from them – old toys, flowers, self-made accessories and drawings. Touched :)

There were so many other things which took place and I was not able to blog all of them… and this is going to be my last blog post in this website. I hope these updates from the mission field made your partnership with us more meaningful and enjoyable.

Thank you for praying for my team. We really appreciate it. You have made a BIG difference, and we thank God for YOU!

In His love,
Jacob Ng

No comments: